The Regional Committee is running the trials as per below.
1. All categories will trial separately if there are enough players.
2. Players enter as a 4 Player team.
3. Cross-IMP scoring
4. The format will be finalised once numbers are known. Be prepared to play for up to two days.
5. Youth players will not be required to trial and will be selected. If any youth players are interested in being considered, please email the Central Districts Secretary.
6. In the event of a person or pair pulling out the CD Committee reserves the right to appoint a replacement person or pair.
7. The region will field a 6 Player Team. The other two players will be selected by the regional committee in consultation with the winning team.
2022 Inter-Provincial Finals From NZ Bridge
As you are aware, the 2021 Inter-Provincial competition finals were held using the Real Bridge medium, the change from face-to-face Bridge being necessitated by the Covid epidemic.
Although there were some teething issues using this medium (caused partly because of the lack of time to prepare for the event on-line), this format seemed to be successful for this event.
Thus, the Board have decided that the finals of the 2022 event will be run using the same Real Bridge format. There are considerable financial savings in using this method and at present, the impact of Covid in 2022 remains uncertain. The Board wants to give certainty to the Regions.
The finals will be for Open, Women, Seniors and Intermediate. We expect there will be a Youth event, too, though information about this will be provided later.
Thus, we ask each of the seven regions to select their teams for the finals of this event. A weekend has been set down for any trials a region may choose to have, May 7/8th. Regions may select their teams by any appropriate method, and this includes using Real Bridge.
Each region must advise me by email by 31st May 2022 of their teams.
Teams may consist of 2 or 3 pairs but not of 5 players.